Thursday, February 16, 2012

DIY Headscarf






Anybody else love that boho chic look of headscarves?

Well considering my empty pockets, I decided to make my own!




Here's how:




GATHER YOUR MATERIALS:
  • An old scarf, preferably one that's pretty thin
  • scissors
  • a silver sharpie {not completely necessary}
  • your head!



STEP ONE:
Tie the scarf around your head and keep it knotted. Try to tie it towards one end.



STEP TWO:
Mark off where you want to cut the scarf.
You want the ends of the headscarf to be semi-short - you should be able to tuck them under the scarf when it's on your head.



STEP THREE:
Cut where you have marked. {You'll probably want to do some extra trimming once you've cut it and played with it some}


{When I wear mine, I usually tuck the loose ends under 
the scarf so you just see the knot on top}

enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment